Bookmarklet template ∞
Posted on 31 March 2012
- Overlaying a grid on a page to ensure conformance to user interface guidelines.
- Submitting content about the current page to an issue tracking system.
- Toggling between development / testing / production environments.
I use the following code to create a bookmarklet link:
Which will render like so:
The users can then drags the link to their browser bookmark bar. From there they can click to activate the bookmarklet.
- There is no character limit on the length of the script, but there is inside the bookmarklet itself (depending on browser).
- You can update the script and everyone that has added the bookmarklet previously will receive the updates.